We are seeking a personable, team-oriented attorney with a desire to be a part of a long-term succession plan as an eventual partner.
A minimum of 5 years of experience drafting and reviewing estate plans and administering estates and trusts is required, ideally with experience preparing gift and estate tax returns. In addition, experience with special needs planning and uncontested guardianship proceedings would be helpful, but is not required. The candidate must possess superior written and verbal communication skills, keen attention to detail, and strong analytical skills.
Our referral-based practice is growing consistently. While we would welcome a candidate who brings some clients with them, it is important that they have the ability and desire to help manage a portion of our existing and new client relationships.
Our small office is highly focused on procedures and uniform standards for practice management and uses sophisticated drafting technology.
We treat our team and clients like family and value collegiality, work/life balance, and community.
- License to practice law in Illinois
- A minimum of 5 years of experience drafting and reviewing estate plans and administering estates and trusts
- Some experience with preparing sophisticated estate plans and administering larger estates
Optional, but Helpful, Experience:
- Gift and estate tax return preparation
- Uncontested guardianship proceedings
- Special needs planning
- Complex gifting techniques
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional, friendly demeanor
- Comfortable with computer software and systems